Thursday, August 5, 2010

Running Blog Day 1

Time: 21:25, +300 stadium steps
Distance: about 2.2mi
Temp: 76 degrees, not terribly humid

My motivation was in the toilet this morning. I got out of the car and actually walked across the street. WALKED. Before I could finally talk myself into starting to jog a bit. The first three laps were about 2m/34s because I was just feeling BLECH. Not physically, but emotionally. Uncommitted. I rallied when I realized I was feeling good, and started to get into it a bit more. Was nagging on me that I got a late start though, and that I was running so slow today. So just decided to use the good physical feeling and do some stadium steps.

I've never done that before- enjoyed it. My carpool buddy from the Yosemite trip said she runs steps all the time. She was a complete badass on the trails so I think I'll try and add in some stairs every week. Still am thinking about taking Davis out for a hike on Sunday. :)

I think I'll just start tracking my training since last week. Before Yosemite I can't remember much.

July 25-31: Ran 21 miles. 3mi Mon, 4mi Tues, 5mi Thu, 9mi Sat
August 1-now: 3mi Mon, 6mi Tue, 2.2mi today. Plan is to run 11 on Saturday.

Food intake has been a challenge this week. I need to write about my eating because, well, I'm bad at it. Felt terrible about having this ridiculous oreo dessert last night. Haven't gotten over it. Really want to push myself to get over my addiction to sugar. Since (I'm starting to really notice) I think it's an actual, bonified addiction, it's proving harder than I originally thought. I need to be healthier. I need to commit to this.

Okay, bed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment