Time: 1:58:30
Distance: 12mi
Weather: 65-74 and sunny, low humidity
Today was WOOOOOOONDERFUL! Ran on the W&OD from just before Rt 28 to just after Fairfax County Parkway. I love running in my old neighborhoods. I just love it, it makes me happy. Around here I'm always stressed about where to run, never know a good route or where the sidewalk might stop and then start up again. So annoying. It just feels *good* to be back on my old stomping ground, where I belong. :)
I had planned to only run 11 today, because my 9 was tough last week and I didn't want to set my expectations too high. But I stopped at the 7-11 on the trail, around mile 8, and got a second gatorade and a small package of fig newtons and that completely set me up! I really was feeling quite good at mile 10. I mean, all things considered (I had run 10 miles so didn't feel GREAT). So I thought, hey, I'll push it another mile. Last week I couldn't have gone another step, and I was nowhere near that point this week. So I just ran a half mile out and back at the end. I felt really, really good about myself. Am sore this morning, but still proud. Just like paper covers rock, proud covers sore any day of the week in my book.
Weekly total: 24mi
Total (started recording at wk 5) for this marathon: 65
No comments:
Post a Comment